The way that we know about the person, purposes, and character of God is not through our reasoning but through His self-disclosure. He has done this expressly and explicitly in the person of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is the single most influential person who ever lived. No religion or political system, nor any person of position or power has had the impact of this one individual life.
- The eyewitness histories written about Him are substantially rooted and securely reliable. The historical evidence and lasting impact of His resurrection is formidable.
- Jesus was the most liberated person who ever lived. He had the freedom to challenge the interpretation of the laws and traditions, and He was free from the fear of the resulting consequences.
- He was infinitely wise and winsome in daily life. He never took a false step, and He always knew how to treat every person He encountered.
- The magnitude of His claims to divinity was supplemented by a life of beauty, harmony, coherence, and clarity.
- His life was expansive enough to be what Jonathan Edwards called “an admirable conjunction of diverse excellences.” An example of this was His commitment to justice yet showing astonishing mercy.
“Without controversy, great is the mystery of God in the flesh!” (I Timothy 3:16)
“A child has been born-for us! He is the gift of God’s Son-for us! He is the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, and Prince of Peace! His ruling authority will grow, and there will be no end to the wholeness He brings! The exuberant energy of the Triune God will perform this!” (Isaiah 9:6-7)
“Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the winds in the hollow of His hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in His cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and the name of His Son?! Tell me if you know!” (Proverbs 30:4)